Get ready and prepared to celebrate Father’s Day on Sunday 19th June with the help from our experts at Kitchens By Design. On this day Dads all over the UK will be celebrating with their children; don’t let your Dad be the one to miss out on all of the fun. Where better to start the day than cooking your Dad breakfast in bed!
With this amazing Chorizo Breakfast Hash you can really impress your dad from the minute he wakes up. This recipe is amazing and let’s face it... Whose Dad doesn’t like meat and eggs!
A truly manly breakfast! (Via Country Cleaver)
He’s eaten his scrummy breakfast, so now what? Wakefield is full of exciting places to visit and things to do with your Dad to celebrate Father’s Day. Here is a list that I have put together for you to consider:
- Wakefield Museum – Explore the history and overall achievements of the Wakefield region and have a picture with your Dad on the back of the Caiman Crocodile in the Charles Waterton gallery.
- The Hepworth Wakefield – With over 1600 square metres of gallery space, a family trail, galleries, play park, picnic area and lots of fun activities to do with your Dad
- Sandal Castle – Explore and discover the ruins of the famous 13th century castle with guided tours and excavated finds on display in the Visitor Centre.
- Pugneys Country Park – 2 lakes, 250 acres of land with a Nature Reserve and watersports, this is a great place to spend some quality fun time with your Dad.
- Yorkshire Sculpture Park – With over 60 outdoor art installations all over the park waiting to be found by you. Great for families and lots to do and discover.
Wherever you decide to take your dad on the special day we really hope you enjoy it. Now that we’ve got you on your little trip, let us move on to Father’s Day gifts. There are great selections of kitchen gifts available for your dad if he happens to be a wizard in the kitchen.
There are some cleverly designed gifts out there, some that your Dad would absolutely love! Here are some of my personal favourites for your foodie father:
- BBQ Tool Set – Containing 14 superior stainless steel tools for all of your Dads barbecuing needs. Long lasting, safe and super easy to clean! (£19.99)
- Retro Wall Mounted Bottle Opener – Travel back to the 1950s with this retro bottle opener assisting you in cracking open a cold beer this summer! (£5.99)
- Reversible Super Dad Cooking Apron and Cape – When kitchen cooking time turns into play time then this is the perfect Father’s Day Gift! (£31.00)
With these little ideas for Father’s Day, from us at Kitchens By Design we hope all of the Dads out there have an amazing day!